My wife and I parked at a trailhead the same time as a young man with a distorted face.
我和老婆驱车旅游,在一条小路的路口短中止留,路边有一个小伙子,面部五官变形,十分丑陋。
He was covered in tattoos.
他全身都是纹身。
I assumed he was unfriendly, so we tried to distance ourselves from him.
我猜测这个小伙子可不是什么大善人,所以大家开始加速,尽力与他的车拉开距离。
But he struggled hard to catch up and wanted to talk some.
没想到他费力的赶了上来,好像想和大家交谈的样子。
We slowed down.
大家减少了行车速度。
He said he was recovering from a bad time in his life.
小伙子告诉大家,他刚历程了生活中的一段黑暗时期,正在努力适应。
We politely left him in the dust, heading up river.
大家友好的丢掉了他,向河流的上游驶去。
Hour later we turned back because a flash flood had taken out the trail bridge.
几个小时之后,大家又回到了跟小伙子分手的地方,由于山洪暴发冲毁了过河的小木桥。
There he was again, laboring up the trail wanting to engage us.
小伙子还在那里,一看到大家他快步沿着小路走过来,想和大家攀谈。
He also turned to follow us back.
原来他一直跟在大家的车后面,大家折返之后,他也跟着回到了此地。
He shared a little more of his story.
他又推荐了一些我们的历程。
He lost his mother and sister in a car accident
他曾在一场车祸中失去了妈妈和妹妹
and he was permanently and horribly injured too.
而他一个人也落下了永久性的可怕伤痕。
We slowed down to the hobble he could manage for the whole way back to the trailhead.
大家放慢行车速度,一路蹒跚颠簸,好让他可以追上大家,大家同行到了小路的路口。
He continued...
他开始继续诉说
"During much surgery and pain I came to hate life for taking my good sister and mom and this painful disfigurement .
我做过很多场手术,历程了太多的痛苦,我开始怨恨生活,怨恨它夺走了我善良的妈妈和妹妹,还给我留下这让人痛苦的伤痕。
Insurance money kept my livelihood.
保险费让我可以保持生计。
I was about dead when this happened..."
就在我感觉自己快要死掉的时候,发生了一件事……
He pulled up his shirt to show us a massive life size tattoo from neck to waist.
他揭开我们的衬衫,让大家看他上身的巨大纹身,图案从颈部一直延伸到腰际
It was two ladies in a brilliant light beckoning to him.
那是两个女性,她们身后是耀目的光辉,两个人正对他招手。
He pointed… "This is my sister and this is my mom.
他指着纹身对大家说,“这是我的妹妹,这是我的妈妈
They told me to sTOP hating everything.
她们告诉我,不要再对所有都心怀怨恨了,
They loved me just as always had and wanted me to live in love too!"
她们说,她们会一如既往的爱我,期望我也能生活在爱意里。
He excitedly explained that the brilliantly colored tattoo was the exact dream he had that day.
他开心的告诉大家,这幅色彩鲜艳的纹身图片就和他那天做梦梦见的场景完全相同。
He sTOPped whining and started to love people more and live a good life.
于是,他不再自怨自艾,开始关爱周围的人,积极的面对生活。
My prejudice melted away.
我对这个小伙子的偏见涣然冰释。
It had painted a wrong picture of this wonderful person with a beautiful message.
我的偏见让我对他产生了误解,其实他是一个好人,有着美好的信念。
He bubbled about the magnificence of an experience he could hardly describe.
他絮絮叨叨的说着那个梦的重要程度,他说他简直没办法描述梦中的情景。
We had dinner together and sang songs around a warm campfire that wasn't even lit.
大家和小伙一块吃了晚餐,围坐在温暖的篝火边唱歌,虽然那篝火根本没烧起来,却有着浓浓的暖意。
He stayed the night in our camper and we parted the next day.
当天夜晚他睡在大家借给他的帐篷里,大家第二天才道别。
I learned more than he hoped to tell….
这个小伙子给我的启示比他想要表达的还要多。
May it also warm your heart.
期望这个故事也会温暖你的心。