My husband gave my 6 year old son a $10 bill.
老公把一张10USD的钞票交给了儿子。
This $10 bill went with my son everywhere, from one pair of jeans to another, one hoodie to the other.
这张钞票跟着他走到这儿走到那儿,从一条牛仔裤的口袋转移到另一条牛仔裤的口袋,从一件兜帽衫转移到另一件兜帽衫。
My son would even sleep soundly with the $10 bill under his head.
他把这张钞票放在枕头下面,好像如此他就能睡得格外香甜。
You see, he was holding out to buy something special.
我了解,他想留着这张钞票,筹备买点特别的东西。
One day my son and I go to the local grocery store where a man was singing carols and ringing a bell.
一天,我带他去附近的杂货店。大家看到一个男性,他一边唱着圣诞节颂歌,一边摇着铃铛。
My son asks me "what is he doing?"
儿子问我,“他在干什么?”
I told my son "he's singing to get our attention in hopes of collecting money for the poor or for children who don't have toys."
我告诉他,“他想通过唱歌来吸引路人的注意,如此他就能为没钱人,或者为没玩具的小孩们筹集善款了。”
I proceeded to keep walking but my son wasn't next to me.
我继续向前走,儿子却不在我旁边了。
I turned around to see his little hand digging in his pocket, pulling out his $10 bill.
我转身发现他把小手伸进了口袋,拿出了那张10USD的钞票。
He slides the bill into the slot, says Merry Christmas and walks over to me.
他把钞票塞进了捐赠箱里,对那个男性说“圣诞节快乐”,然后走回我身边来。
I said "you made mommy very happy."
我对他说,“你让母亲很高兴!”
He told me "I heard a voice say go, give him the money."
他对我说,“我听到一个声音对我说,去吧,把你的钱给他。”
Then he says "I heard another voice say "no, keep the money, you want a toy."
接着他又说,“我听到另一个声音说,‘不,别给他,你不是想买个玩具的吗?’”
I told my son "you listened to the right voice……” He looks up at me with his hands in the air and asks "but who are they"
我告诉他,“你根据第一个声音对你说的做了。你做得对。”他扬起脸看着我,两手一摊,“可是,那是哪个发出的声音呢?”
I laughed and said "they're you."
我笑了,对他说,“是你的心在告诉你话呀!”
(翻译:小木)