苦学习英语多年,你真的了解如何地道的说口语吗?以下“交际英语口语:我向来有话直说”由智学网整理发布,欢迎阅读参考!更多有关讯息请关注智学网!
1. He's squirreled some money away.
他有我们的小金库。
squirrel away 贮存;把…存起备用;藏匿
Squirrel作名词时是松鼠的意思。松鼠喜欢把找到的食物藏在它们挖的洞里,以备日后需用,于是这就产生了习惯用语 squirrel away。这里的squirrel是动词,squirrel away形象生动地描绘大家把钱或者别的值钱东西储存在安全的地方,以备不时之需。
2. It’s a fool’s errand trying to do that.
白痴才会那样做。
fool's errand 白费力的事,徒劳
e.g. He sent me on a fool's errand . 他派我去干白费力的事。
3. You have no business interfering.
你无权干预。
4. He dismissed the idea out of hand.
他彻底打消了这个念头。
out of hand 没办法控制;脱手,告终;立即
e.g. This situation appears to be completely out of hand. 看来形势已完全失控。
5. I like millet congee.
我喜欢喝小米粥。
millet congee 小米粥
6. I’m allergic to sea food.
我吃海鲜过敏。
7. I don’t mince my words.
我向来有话直说。
mince words 婉转地说,旁敲侧击,半吞半吐地讲。常用于否定句。
8. Concubine Yang got BO.
杨贵妃有狐臭。
9. I’ll bang the drum for you.
我会为你擂鼓助威。
10. Teachers must be tuned in to students’ needs.
教师必须要理解学生想要什么。
1. We're facing an intractable problem.
这个问题好像没办法解决。
2. Restaurants jacked up their prices.
食肆全部涨价。
jack up 增加,提升;组织,安排;责备,规劝;停止,舍弃
e.g. People are afraid that taxes will soon be jacked up. 大家担忧税金会非常快提升。
e.g. She jacked up the job because the salary was too low. 她辞掉了这项工作。由于薪水太低了。
3. He cast a few furtive glances.
他偷窥了几眼。
4. She’s a talebearer.
这个女性好搬弄是非。
5. I dropped in on Gorge on my way.
路上我顺便拜访了一下乔治。
drop in on 顺道拜访
e.g. I'll drop in on you when I have time. 有空我来看你。
6. The taste is no better than chewed tallow.
味同嚼蜡。
7. I’m not gonna do it without some financial inducements.
没点便宜我可不干。
8. Come straight home and don’t loiter.
赶快回家。不要瞎逛。
9. You can't wink at what he did.
你不可以对他的行为视若无睹哪。
wink at 向(某人)使眼色;假装没看见,对……睁一只眼闭一只眼
e.g. Marry often winks at the spelling mistakes in her homework. 玛丽常常对她作业里的拼写错误睁一眼闭一眼。
10. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.
朽木不可雕也。
1. Examples abound.
例子举不胜举。
2. Free time is at a premium for him.
他极少有空。
at a premium 在票面价值以上;极为珍贵,短缺;非常受尊重
e.g. Skilled workers are at a premium in this town. 熟练的技工在这个城市里非常受喜爱。
3. I sTOPped short of telling him, but only just.
我差点告诉他。
sTOP short of 忽然停止,决定不做某事;未到达;缺少
only just 恰好,刚刚,刚刚;很不容易才
We've only just begun... 大家才最初...
4. Draw/pull up a chair and sit before me.
拉把椅子过来。
draw up 草拟,起草;停住;把拉近,使挨近;排好队伍;使站直
pull up 把…向上拉;使停下来;提升,改进;把…拉到近处
5. It takes true grit to do it.
做这件事需要真的的勇气。
true grit 电影《大地惊雷(True Grit)》又译《真实的勇气》
6. It’s my idea of sheer bliss.
我觉得这才是真的的幸福。
7. STOP badgering me.
别磨我了。
badger sb 纠缠某人,烦扰某人
e.g. I'll lay you out if you continue to badger me. 假如你继续纠缠我,我会把你*在地的。
8. Sorry for that. I didn’t mean to snub.
我绝不是有意怠慢。
9. Don’t overtax yourself.
别累着自己。
10. To be candid, it’s your fault.
坦率地说,是你的错。
to be candid 坦率地说
to make no bones 毫不掩饰,直率地表示我们的建议
to tell the truth/to be honest/frankly speaking 都可以用来表示我们的真实想法