When I called her, she said she might not be able to make it to thecinema.
这是高中英语新教程译林版必学1第2单元的句子。
请问句子中的make it to是什么使用方法?
1. make it to的使用方法:
句中的make it to…的意思是“准时或成功赶到某处”。如:
Do you think the ship will make it to the shore? 你觉得这船能到岸吗?
He made it to the airport within five minutes. 他用五分钟赶到机场。
I’m afraid I can’t make it to your party. 我恐怕不可以按时参加你的晚会了。
2. 附make it的更多使用方法:
表示事业获得成功
You will make it if you try. 你会成功的,假如你努力的话。
He’s never really made it as an actor. 他做演员从未有所收获。
表示某人做成某事
You needn’t worry; he will make it. 你不必担忧,他会办成的。
If you want to make it, better get doing. 假如你想把这事干成,就该动手了。
I can’t make it on Friday. It’s very short notice. 星期五我办不好,时间太短了。
Many high-wire walkers died on their last step,thinking they had made it. 很多走绳索者死在最后一步上,这个时候他们觉得已经表演成功了。
I thought he would be too old to get to the TOP ofthe mountain, but he made it at last. 我原以为他年龄大爬不到山顶,但最后他还是爬上去了。
表示设法做到某事
I’ve been having violin lessons every two weeks, butI think I’ll make it every week from now on. 我一直是每两个星期上一次小提琴课,但我想从目前起每一个星期都上课。
表示准时赶上火车等
The train leaves in five minutes—we’ll never make it.火车再有五分钟就开了——大家绝对赶不上了。
The train won’t leave for another ten minutes, so Ithink we can make it. 离开车还有10分钟,我想大家能赶得上。
表示准时抵达某地
We are too late; I don’t think we can make it. 大家太迟了,我想大家很难按时赶到了。
He says he’ll come on time, but he’ll never make it. 他说他明天按时来,但他绝对办不到。
I’m really sorry, but I won’t be able to make it onSunday after all. 真的非常抱歉,我星期天根本赶不到。
If you can’t make it Friday, we can invite somebodyelse. 假如你星期五赶不到,大家可邀请别的人。
表示约定时间
“When shall we meet again?” “Make it any day youlike; it’s all the same to me.” “大家什么时间第三碰头?”“随你定在哪天,我无所谓。”
Let’s make it at seven o’clock on Tuesday morning atmy office. 大家把时间定在星期二早上七点,地址就在我办公室。
“Shall we make it next week?” “OK, let’s make it nextweek.” “下个星期可以吗?”“好的,咱们就定在下个星期吧。”
Let’s make it at 8:30. Is that all right for you? 大家约定在8点半吧,这对你适合吗?
表示病情好转
The doctor knew that the patient was unlikely to makeit. 大夫了解那个患者没什么期望了。
He had a high fever, but it doesn’t mean he couldn’tmake it. 他发高烧,但这并不意味着他挺不过去。
注意,以下make it…结构中的it为形式宾语:
I have to make it clear that my family is poor. 我得说了解我家非常穷。
He made it a rule to take part in physical labour. 他规定自己应参加体力劳动。
I make it a rule to write in my diary every night. 我把每晚写日记当成一种习惯。
“Where is my tea?” “I’m just going to make it.”“我的茶呢?”“我这就沏。”