要大宗购买产品,总要先看看样品,检验一下是否合乎我们的需要。下面是一个索要样品的对话范例,供大伙参考。
David calls Betty at HT to request some samples. 大卫致电HT企业的贝蒂,索取一些样品。
David: I just received your new catalog, and I'm wondering if we can get a sample of one of your products. 我刚刚收到你们新的商品目录,不知可否向你们索取其中一种商品的样品。
Betty: That's no problem. But there's a charge for the sample and shipping1 cosplayt. 没问题。不过要收取样品费和运费。
David: OK. What if we place an order? Would we still have to pay the sample charge? 好的。假如大家下订单呢?大家也要付样品费吗?
Betty: Well, what item do you want a sample of? 嗯,你们想要什么商品的样品?
David: The new HR624 computer speakers. 新的HR624型电脑音箱。
Betty: For that item, you would need to place an order of a hundred pieces or more to make it a free sample. 如果那个商品的话,你们就需要下100件或100件以上的订单,才能获得免费样品。
David: We would need to see a sample of the item first before we could make a decision on ordering it. 大家得先看看商品的样品,之后才能决定是不是下订单。
Betty: Of course. If you receive the sample and then later decide to place an order, the sample charge will be deducted2 from the cosplayt of the order. 当然。假如你们在收到样品后决定下订单,样品费会从订单的货款里扣除。
David: Oh, I see. OK, let's run with that. 噢,我了解了。好,就那样办吧。
Notes:
1. request a sample 索取样品
商业广告中容易见到的free samples are available upon request的意思就是可免费索取样品。
We should request samples from the catalog to examine. 大家应该索取目录上的样品来检验一下。
2. place an order 下订单
place在此是动词,place an order表示下订单,而place an order for with 的意思就是向(某人)下(某物)的订单。
When customers place an order with us, their order should be delivered within a week. 当顾客向大家下订单时,他们的订货应该在一个星期内送到。
3. let's run with 大家就照(某办法)去做吧
当事情谈到差不多,大伙有肯定的共识之后,或者决定要根据某个计划或某种办法去做时,便可以用上这句话。
I like Josh's plan. Let's run with it and see how it works. 我喜欢乔什的计划。大家就这么办吧,看看成效怎么样。