欢迎来到慕课网

英语美文:要了解什么,才能变得自信?

来源:www.judoubi.com 2023-06-21

本文声优:谢侃

 

1. Life is not fair.

生活是不公平的

Life conspires to consistently bring unexpected problems.

生活总会用各种方法给你带来意料之外的问题。

I can either choose to accept this and work through it or I can fight, ignore and live an average life.

我可以选择同意近况,然后想方法解决它;或者,我也可以挣扎、无视,然后过着平庸的一生。

2. Fight your instinct.

战胜你的本能

This is the tool that made our ancestors survival possible.

(胆怯)是大家祖先的存活工具。

Your brain is responsible for detecting negative signs and signs of danger so that you can flee.

你的大脑会侦查周遭的负面信息和危险信号,叫你可以逃跑。

This is what made our ancestors survival possible. Unfortunately, we inherited this instinct and it activates everytime we try something new.

这使大家祖先得以幸存。但不幸的是,大家把这个本能继承了下来,并且每次尝试新东西的时候都会激活它。

3. Make friends with your fear.

与恐惧做朋友

There is no magic cure to fear.

世上没治愈恐惧的灵药。

Fear will never dissappear, and what sets out the extraordinary from the ordinary is their ability to act despite that awful fear.

恐惧从来不会消失,而“卓越的人”与“一般人”有什么区别就是他们能顶着巨大的恐惧采取行动。

4. As long as you are nice, things usually go well.

只须你为人友善,事情一般都非常顺利

90% of people can't reject a kind person.

90%的人都没办法拒绝一个友善的人。

Emerson once said “the whole world loves a lover”.

艾默生过去说:“全世界都会爱上一个了解爱的人。”

Try it. It's so difficult for people to reject you when you're all goody and seem so harmless.

试一试吧。当你表现出由内而外的友善、并且没任何攻击性的时候,大家非常难拒绝你。

5. Most people want to connect.

其实大多数人是期望和人交流的

The truth is that people are more open to connect than you think.

事实是,大伙其实比你想的更想与人交流。

There are a lot of people around you who want to connect but are just scared as you are.

你身边有不少人和你一样渴望与人打造关系,而且也和你一样害怕。

6. You can't please everyone.

你没方法取悦所有人

The thing is that no matter how sweet, funny, smart, awful or whatever kind of person you are, 90% of the world will ignore you, some of the rest will love you and the rest will hate you.

事实是,不管你多么贴心、有趣、机智、威严或如何,世界上90%的人其实是看不见你的。剩下的那10%当中,有一部分会喜欢你,而剩下的人则会讨厌你。

So, You’re free to be weird.

所以,你有权维持特立独行。

As the saying goes- those who matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

正如俗语所说:那些对你来讲要紧的人,不会在意;那些在意的人,对你来讲无关紧要。

7. There is no universal confidence.

无人在所有地方都自信

True confidence comes from practicing and mastering an act.

真的的自信来源于训练与熟练。

Social skill is just a skill like any other and all I have to do to become a pro is practice.

社交方法就和其他所有方法一样,假如你想成为达人,你需要做的只有“训练,训练,再训练”。 

 

(翻译:Maxxie)

相关文章推荐

08

16

|人往高处走

What did you want to be when you were growing up? A teacher? A doctor? An astronaut? What do you need to do to achieve y

08

16

|Youth 青春

Youth A Poem by Samuel Ullman青春塞缪尔厄尔曼(王佐良 译)Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of ro

08

16

|外国网友的一些shower thoughts

| 1 |When youre a kid, you dont realize youre also watching your mom and dad grow up.你小的时候意识不到自己也在看着(年轻的)爸爸妈妈成长。| 2 |It

08

16

|为何聪明人话都少?

Why are some very smart people so quiet?为何有的聪明人非常安静?Smart people are quiet because they are smart, very smart, and supre

08

14

英语美文:幸福是一段旅程

We always convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frust

08

13

有关运动的英语文章

现在,高中生举行有关课后activities.there不一样的建议是两个完全不一样的phenomenonena。 有的学生对体育和其他一些activities.they加入花不少时间在户外活动的疯狂和不同群体,而且,作出新的friends

08

13

英语美文:换个角度看世界 叫你独一无二

有时候你只须是想一试,大家都可以做到甘地和德兰修女那种地步。记者将这十种方法对你说,相信只须你在日常合理运用,必然会有所得。

08

13

英语美文:天天早上都该告诉我们的8件事

8 Things You Should Tell Yourself Every Day in The Morning!天天早上都该告诉我们的8件事“早上好!”是天天都在说的话,但你是什么感觉呢?你真的感觉天天早上都非常不错?为了更好、更快乐

08

11

霍金现身英国奥斯卡 众星排队求见

There may have been a glittering array of Hollywood stars at the BAFTAs on Sunday night, but the man everyone wanted to

08

07

英语美文摘抄:英语美文摘抄别样的青春

Man’s Youth 别样的青春By Thomas WolfeMan's youth is a wonderful thing: it is so full of anguish and of magic and he never com