1 Raining cats and dogs 倾盆大雨
Where are you going, cant you see its raining cats and dogs? Youll get soaked in a minute if you go out now.
你要去什么地方,你看不到下着倾盆大雨吗?假如你目前出去的话,一分钟内你就会全身湿透的。
They didnt go to the theme park because it was raining cats and dogs almost all day.
他们没去主题公园,由于几乎一整天都在下雨。
2 Face like thunder 火冒三丈
I dont know what was happening, I just saw that a man with a face like thunder was chasing a little boy out of the grocers shop.
我不了解出了什么事,我只不过看到一个火冒三丈的男性正在从杂货店追一个小孩子。
She didnt say anything but her face was like thunder; she slammed the door as she left, and we havent seen her ever since.
她什么也没说,但她火冒三丈;她离开时砰地关上了门,从此大家再也没见过她了。
3 Storm in a teacup 小题大做
Their debate was only a storm in a teacup actually neither of them took the problem too serious.
他们的辩论不过是小题大做而已事实上,他们两人都没把问题看得太严肃。
The reports about the demonstration1 are a storm in a teacup there wasnt as much violence there as they say.
关于示威游行的报道真的是小题大做那里没他们所说的那样多暴力。
4 Chase rainbows 痴人说梦
My wife never believed I would make it as an executive manager; she always thought I was just chasing rainbows.
我老婆从不相信我会成为一名实行经理;她一直觉得我只不过在痴人说梦。
Cant you see youre only chasing rainbows? Theres no way to get this girl marry you.
难道你看不到你只不过在痴人说梦吗?这个女生根本不会嫁给你。
5 Lightning fast 快如闪电
I dont think we can keep up with him, hes got a lightning fast bike.
我想大家跟不上他,他有一辆闪电般快的自行车。
The robbery lasted only a minute, and then the robbers disappeared in a lightning fast car.
打劫只持续了一分钟,然后强盗消失在一辆闪电般迅速的汽车里。
6 Head in the clouds 胡思乱想
Is your sister in love? I see her walking around all day with her head in the clouds.
你妹妹恋爱了吗?我看见她整天在那走来走去,胡思乱想。
You have your head in the clouds if you think Mary will come to your birthday party after the nasty things youve done to her.
假如你觉得玛丽会在你对她所做的坏事之后参加你的过生日聚会,那你就大错特错了。
7 Snowed under 手头繁忙
Id love to help you, but Im completely snowed under at the moment.
我非常乐意帮你,但我目前太忙了。
Could you come over and fix the tap in the bathroom? But of course, only if you arent snowed under, its not so urgent.
你能来浴室维修一下水龙头吗?但当然,你不忙的时候再来,不是非常紧急。
8 Under the weather 心情不好或身体不适
Do you mind if I stay out of work today? Im feeling under the weather, I may have the flu.
你在意我今天上不上班?我感觉不舒服,我可能得了流感。
I heard you were ill yesterday. Are you feeling better now or are you still under the weather?
我听说你昨天病了。你目前感觉好点了还是仍然不舒服?